I've been having weekend holidays from the past few weeks. But whenever there was a holiday, I was out of home, jamming or doing something else and getting myself tired by the end of the day. What was the point of having holidays then? I got tired in college, and weekends were tiring because of other things, so where is the rest??
That's the reason why, I decided I'll stay at home, no matter what, during these 4 days of holidays. Ofcourse, I had to make a trip to a doctor about my ear, and I had to drop a few cheques here and there. Those were the only instances when I stepped out of home. Rest of the time was spent resting. My internet connection got fast, and I also spent nice time watching TV and the rain outside. I made it a point not to step out on any kind of business. I stuck to it, and stayed as stubborn as I could. I was helped partially by the rains as they didn't allow me to move out, but the power kept fluctuating and left me frustrated. I avoided playing guitar and listening to my iPod because of my ear trouble, something that should never happen to me. I cannot imagine life without a guitar and an iPod! Thankfully it was only for 3-4 days.
Surprising thing in me was, I utilised my time well writing the record work for college which is a big pain. I feel light-hearted now because of that. It's the first time in 2-3 years that I was doing some "academic" work at home, without anyone telling me or forcing me. My own will dragged me towards the record books. I started reading novels again and I feel nice about it. Off late, the reading speed went down drastically and I find it difficult to finish a simple 400 page book in 2-3 months. Damn! I used to read 600-700 page Harry Potters overnight! Yesterday, I did nearly 200 pages in a single sitting and I felt satisfied. I left 2 books aside and I am reading the third (which obviously is more interesting than the other 2). Maybe by tomorrow, I can finish that book and then take up the next few.
I slightly changed my living habits over these few holidays which is a welcome change. Doing some academic work, some novel reading, keeping the guitar and music aside, taking good rest, eating well, staying at home avoiding all sorts of junk meetings and talks, etc. Feels nice to be silent, and listening to the rain lashing the city.... er... only from the left ear, my right one is blocked...
No comments:
Post a Comment