Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wrapping Up 008

Last day of the year has come. What's the verdict? Neutral I would say. I had a few highs this year, but enough lows to cancel out the good stuff. Lots of fun combined with lots of misery and tragedy marked 2008 for me, and compared to the previous years, I wouldn't call it a great one. It was slow and sometimes almost painfully frustrating. The end of the year has actually brought relief, a hope that there would be a better start to the next year. Or else, it could be just the same. I have my results coming up soon, probably in the first week of Jan, and that would mark my bad beginning to '09. A round-up of this year in my eyes looks something like this:

The better memories - Manchester United snatching 3 trophies - Christiano Ronaldo - Maradona in India - my crazy visiting spree to Warangal, Goa, Chennai, Kirandul, Jagdalpur, Kakinada, and Bangalore - IPL Twenty20 - Olympics 2008 - Abhinav Bindra - Abdul Kalam's visit to Hyd, and me being present there - Srikar's Ibanez Ltd. Edition - My new acoustic - My BHEL experience - Civil Aviation Exhibition in Hyderabad - A380 Landing - My iPod completes 1 year - Raj Kiran's iPod Touch - Audi R8 in India - Natarajan's Yamaha FZ16 - Rock On!! - Vector Art - The improved patriotism - and maybe a few that I can't recollect.

The Neutral Memories - The MRCET Annual Day performance - The Shamshabad Airport opening and then delayed and then opened again - Roads in Hyd (sometimes felt good, sometimes horrible!) - The F1 championship, I enjoyed it though Ferrari couldn't win - My paper presentation on F1 (gave it wonderfully, but couldn't win) - My guitarring skills that kept fluctuating - College memories that are fast fading - Our so called 'band' which is dying - My internet connection(??) - and lastly, this entire year 2008 with its highs and lows.

The BAD Memories were - My soccer life which got stalled - ACE United (nearly dead) - The 3-1 loss to ECE (still hurts!) - All my exams (internals, onlines, externals, others too!!) - The experience one night in OU with the Police - My ear trouble - My PC blowing up - Deaths - China Quake - Burma Cyclone - Deaths of people I knew - Mumbai attacks - Images of the hotels - The Jewish Family torn apart - and finally my whole learning experience this year which went only one way, DOWN.

As a whole, I am happy 2008 is over. I am pretty anxious about how 2009 will turn out to be, but there's only one way of knowing it. Live through it and find out. Moving on to 2009, with my fingers crossed...

3 comments:

  1. I pray lord to rain success on you and your family , May this be the best year for u and carrier .

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey dude..nice compilation man ..seriously...and btw looking at it on the whole the no of neutrals and highs personally were greater than the no of lows...so i guess u can tilt the tide in the favour of highs with the odds of 60 to 40...

    ReplyDelete
  3. well even i hope it is..
    i am not for caring it much, i am angry on it..we are not talking these days...haha

    ReplyDelete