Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Did someone say 'Jam' ?

I think I heard it right. Someone did really say 'Let's Jam'. And that was the word I was waiting to hear from the past many months. At this point of time, it's beginning to get highly frustrating, playing weird chords on the guitar, recording them, adding some stuff on FL, exporting it, sending it to friends, and end of story. The spoilt amp spoilt everything. I couldn't practise on the electric for many months both due to exams and that missing amp. A few days ago, I finally bought a new amp along with a new acoustic. Post-shopping, I turned into a temporary acoustic player. I left the amp under wraps and began strumming away on the new box. The better sound quality urged me to play more and more. But soon, unsurprisingly, I got bored of the box and went back to the electric. I noticed something that I never did before...

The strings on the elec were so high compared to the new acoustic, I was actually finding it difficult to shift simple chords. That's when I began a minor re-adjustment. But as fate had it, the guitar wasn't built as accurately as it was supposed to be. Once I lowered the strings (with a lot of difficulty), the frets began buzzing, and 16, 17, and 18, all frets had the same sound of 19th. I tried hammering some frets down, but soon stopped before taking any more crazy risks. Also the elevated screws at the bridge were so uneven and sharp that they cut into the palm whenever I tried to mute. I was forced to revert everything I had done -I couldn't 'unhammer' the hammered frets!- and play with the unusually high strings.

The frustration reached a peak when I wanted to chuck everything out of the window. But suddenly I met my brother at college and he mentioned this one last jam in 2008. I was more than ready for it, preparing to miss college even after having a less than 50% attendance. Tomorrow's the day. Hopefully, New Year's Eve will bring something more fun for the New Year atleast in music. I don't expect improvement in other stuff anyway.





Let's Jam. One last time in 2008.

2 comments:

  1. hmm ..stole my line is it..anyways lets jam man..i am also quite eager too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. well , u ahve a computer to jam up with ...no need of humans any more, Technology is more than what we expect . And i liked ghajini too much bcz i did not watch the tamil version of it .

    ReplyDelete