Monday, December 22, 2008

Balancing Pain with Pleasure? Or is it the other way?

One of them should be true - I have too much fun all the time and meet with regular bursts of discouraging, demoralising moments, or I have too many disasters around me, and I get to see an occasional moment of fun - don't know which one.

My recent few months are a perfect example. I got a mild upgrade on my system, had fun staying away from college, etc. and some kind of a balancing act forced me into horrible performances in the famous overseas exams, and also the semester exams. We all know Nature's balancing act. At least, I strongly believe in it. Maybe I should finally accept that fact that, this principle works even for individuals and their lives, not just for humanity in general. This is a neat example for balancing pleasure with pain.

What happened yesterday was an example of the anti-thesis. I had a pretty unsatisfactory performance in the exam yesterday (Eng as a Foreign Lingo), later, within 2 hours, I was in the music shop checking out some new guitars. It was completely unplanned. Whatever depressed face I was supposed to carry around for a few days with me, disappeared as soon as I stepped out of the shop with a shiny new acoustic and an amp (yet to come) ready to restart my electric guitarring. Once home, I was so highly immersed with the new guitar, that I completely forgot I had taken a test in the morning! This case now, clearly is a bright moment compensating for a dull one. I never even asked for the bright moment.

So which of these 2 theories is true?

Maybe I know the answer myself! None of them. The whole ride is just about smooths and bumps. Whether the smooth road comes later, or in the beginning, or alternates between patches of rough roads, it doesn't matter. It will come but it won't come without a rough patch associated with it... tit for tat.

1 comment:

  1. well i actually dont agree with you. Yes it does look like balancing but dont u thnk its just pure coincidence. I knw that in 99% of the cases the things which happen look like a balance between the good and bad or right and the wrong, but dont u really feel deep down that its just a coincidence and no matter what its just going to happen....i do..

    ReplyDelete