Oh suddenly, I wanna repeat what the "ex-"princi had to say in one of his many 'lectures', "Don't make Friends. They will bring you down". Well, it so happened that yesterday was the final day that one could be free from the shackles of exams. After reaching college, I suddenly realised this fact, and cursed myself for coming to college. There was literally no one in class except a few 'normal' students. I really wanted to be normal and attend the classes, and listen to whatever crap they teach. Some of the guys who felt they could do nothing better than cutting grass in college, decided to go to a movie, and dragged me into it.
With hardly any cash to survive on, and a bad mood, I gave it tremendous thought. I had a hundred thoughts when Yaseen spoke to Natarajan (who was waiting outside), and said, "Let's both step out once and talk to Natarajan about today's plan". I said ok to that. Little did I realise that after stepping out (with difficulty coz of the MRCET guards), I would be hopping onto a bike and cruising away to a movie. What happened to those hundreds of thoughts? Gone in a wisp of smoke!
Reached Cine Planet, the hang-out place of Kompally, this-palli, that-palli, etc-palli. It's the place I hate most because everytime I go there, I retain a sick memory of the place. The scores of MRGI students, the newspaper pieces glimmering in the theatre light, the stupid whistles, etc. This time was no different. It's just not a cool place to hang-out! I hate that place now!
They decided on the movie Jalsa. I secretly wanted to see Race because my sister liked the plot and recommended it to me, and also, I prefer Hindi to Telugu. I knew an English movie was outta the question judging by the crowd I was moving with. They were all against Race, though a few guys wanted to see it. So Jalsa it was, and by god! I never wanna see another movie like that. Every other telugu movie I was forced to watch has almost the same storyline. Why make so many movies on the same line? The hero is a hero, the villain is a Don (feared by all, except the hero). The hero does something unintentionally and it goes on to harm the villain's reputation. That angers the villain, and he comes after this guy only to end up getting killed. So where's the heroine in all this? Nowhere. There's no need of one anyway. She comes only to set the screen on fire, with some heavy "over-acting", and crazy dance moves, and she's as usual taken away by the villain organization and the hero wins her back to end the "movie". Is this all that we want to see?
Let's face it. The script writers are creative people who want the best out of nothing. They know what the people want and they do this for the people. It's not the film-maker's fault for doing a movie like this, like every other director must have done in most other movies. The violence, the typical telugu-style fighting, the killing, the punch dialogues to which we expect people to get mad over, the over-witty comedy, the same old stuff. Nothing new. The lead actor plays the same role in every movie, the same actor acts as Villain, the same comedian tries to entertain (he has no part in the story), the hot-headed father is played by the same person, and the heroine has the same role in every movie. So what's technically different here? Nothing? Oh yeah, I forgot, every movie shows various methods of killing people. Maybe we college students are inspired by this kinda fighting. Every movie shows the actor in a particular dressing style. Next day, we all dress like that. He dances differently, and we all dance like him. So what did I get out of the movie, it teaches you nothing. All it does is, shows how a person who has nothing, can gain everything by falling in love once and later falling for the same girl's sister (yuck!), by killing a thousand men and finally the most vicious Don alive, and doing a 100 wrong things in a comic way such that it's accepted. He drinks heavily, beats up people, organizes huge fights in college, does petty stealing and pranks (that's supposed to be the funny part of the movie), and so much more crap. They want to make a movie like this!
Suddenly I don't understand who inspires whom? Are the scriptwriters really being inspired by such mafiaism, naxalism, factionism, real-life violence, and stuff? Or are the people setting rules about the stuff to be shown on entertainment screens? Everytime a movie like this is out, people flock. And film-makers dock in all the money. So they know, the next time they want to make money, make a film on the same lines, with maybe a few different actors, a little more comedy, a little more violence, few small twists, heavy image compositing, and bam! A new movie is out, they spent 100 crores on it! No, they spent 101 crores on it, you fool! ("My god! You don't know anything about movies!") The actor did real stunts! The 'graphics' (the new term we all learnt) are 'awesome' (another term we learnt)!
How many more of this stuff do I want to see and listen to? Aren't the people getting tired of such crap? Now comes my real review of the movie. I am not a movie-buff, and I don't understand the "entertainment" part of certain movies. So, I hope no one takes it hard on themselves. My blog has been controversial a few times before and it will be now. Reader Discretion Advised: It was crap. The whole time I spent there including the money (as if we need pop-korn movie watching), went down the drain. The dialogues were as if these people don't live on Earth. They belong to some high-attitude, over-intelligent planet. The acting was over-acting. The negative roles turn out much better than the real ones to look out for. The music is still hammering on my head, and the comedy made me come close to puking. The storyline nearly succeeded in putting me to sleep, but the heart-ripping, ear-thrashing sound never allowed me to do that. So on the whole, I didn't enjoy one bit! Compositing was fine actually. We got some talented 3D geeks out there in the industry, but they can still do a better job. I noticed a scene where the video turns to a photograph and the villain is shuffling the photos. Suddenly his hand gets over lapped by the photo. That's a small thing that could mean that there was no photograph ever present. But still, a good job on video editing, and nice lighting as well. I don't wanna point out any actor in particular (especially the Hero), coz I know tomorrow I might get killed villain-style.
But I still took my revenge. I wanted to abuse everyone who led me to that film, and this blog helps me throw it all out without hurting anyone in particular. By the way, I heard it's a flop film. Is it true ?? (I can't make out the difference anymore - people flock and say it's a flop)...
dude come on man i guess u dint like the movie because u dont like telugu films but seirously the movie was pretty good and i think we go to movies to atleast get 1% of relief from regular life and i feel it has justified that..and no the movie is not a flop and dont say this outside especially to people like me( fans)
ReplyDeleteHa ! I knew it.. Kalyan would defenitely be the first person to comment on this. =)) Now, it so happens that my views go with yours on this..
ReplyDeleteI can imagine the scene where Johnny is pulled by Yaseen & co. for this stupid over-hyped flick. Uh, i better stop here, or else i ll be bashed up in coll tom.. Kalyan might be the one who wud do that.
Now you see? I cannot make out the difference between a flop film and a hit film. That's the way it's being shown...
ReplyDeleteI was getting nauseated listening to those tactless jokes, and watching over-acted roles ... I can't digest it ... no way!
And mind you, I was relieved I was going back to college after the movie. I lost cool and patience in the theatre... sorry..didn't work out for me ..