Directly jumping to the details, we had 3 songs to play, plus our Intro, which was to be covered in the sound checks. Problems came as usual, with the instruments being removed after sound checks, and being brought back later. That move was clearly damaging. Once we were back on stage the sound checks couldn't take much time, and we just played away however the sounds were. On the Intro, I couldn't hear rhythm at all. And the rest of the songs (Toh Phir Aao, BoBD, Somewhere I belong), the rhythm and vocals were screaming and the rest were diminished. But still, I think we pulled it off very well. We could have sounded much better had our sound checks taken another 5 minutes. Maybe we didn't want to waste any time. It's our first proper gig with all the instruments and people in. Taking feedback from friends, it rocked. But taking feedback from family, it kinda sounded diminished. Everyone at home said BoBD was great and next came Somewhere I belong. The vocals in Toh Phir Aao was screwed up, and out of tune, was what I heard from them. I think it was true.
As a personal thing, I wished the lead guitar and bass guitar had more volumes. Had that been the case, we could have surely sounded much better. There were a few mistakes from our side. The beginning of TPA was bad with the bass and lead not going in sync. Then the vocals in the same song were out of tune. Again in the same song, I messed up with the vocal lead at the end of the song. I don't know if anyone even heard it. Then, BoBD was nearly perfect. SIB had mistakes again from the vocals, with Shashank and Nabeel playing around with the lyrics, exchanging roles, etc. No idea how many from the audience noticed that one. The lead guitar in the song was very diminished and I felt bad about that. Could have sounded better. But overall, it was a lively and energetic performance, and I think we were liked atleast by a few and for 1-2 songs out of the 3.
Special mention to DJ Shweth for getting our instruments sound much better than last time. His equipment really saved us. Having Drum Mic Kits, and DI boxes for guitars, and all such stuff gave the instruments an enhanced sound compared to last time. Though the volume levels were not very well handled in the hurry, no one is to be blamed anyway ...
Coming to the rest of the Annual Day Show, my house people didn't really like any of the other performers, or even the speeches given by the 'digs'. The really embarrassing thing however was, the documentary film that was to be projected onto a screen held by humans. The projector never worked and the screen wasn't even held properly, and it was a complete flop show. Anyway, we didn't stay back to see more of what happened. The thing that scared us out of our wits was the sudden disappearance of our amps. But we found them after some thorough thinking.
I really want to thank all my Aero Friends for showing some good unity by wearing the T-shirts designed by Natarajan. They looked great in them, and the spirits were high.
Judging by how we were this time, I can seriously consider more gigs, and maybe even a next Annual Day performance (my last ever). I think this is a boost for my mates...
Some pics from the show:








It was a satisfactory show in the end.. Another show awaits us next year :)
ReplyDeleteit was really a very good show man..i hope we tune it up a bit for the next time not just with annual day but what ever we do with music
ReplyDeleteOne More GIG guys plz ...
ReplyDeleteif u r doin a show tell me....this time ill do my own lyrics :P
ReplyDeleteyes man i really do need one more..i dont care where but yes one more for sure..and looking at all u guys i feel everyone is ready for what we have planned for after exams???
ReplyDeleteYup ... im serious about Original thing, Kalyan u know it ...
ReplyDeleteLets even try doing a Original Rap/Rock thing ... i see a lot of potential in Shank's "bhool na jana" track !!
ReplyDelete