Something told me I must write, so I will.
To begin with, I must talk about that soccer match we had against, MGIT (Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Tech). It was pretty sudden, and I was told about it only yesterday, and I doubted if we can really do anything in the match. We went without practice for nearly 10 days, and the effect could be shown on the field. Anyway, prepared to face the worst, I took off. Some of the guys were looking huge and aggressive, and I started to think again. They are from MGIT, and I had a strange feeling they were gonna show us some real football. Match kicked off, though later than I wanted. As I expected, our ACE Untd was looking a bit Un-United today. We took a lot of time to get down into the game. The field was extremely slippery, fresh from dew, and the ball was skimming with lack of friction. Once we got the hang of it, the whole scene changed. The first real chance we got was when the defense left me out completely. (they are not from MRCET so they forgot to mark Johny!!) I got a good pass from yaseen, and aimed for the corner of the post. The wet ball got took too much swing onto it and curled towards the keeper and he managed to get a hand, but then, the silent hunter, chakradhar just had to nick the ball in to make it 1-0.
Till then we were beginning to feel we might falter, but the MGIT defense was surprisingly weak and their game was going out of shape. We were already playing one of our worst team tactics there, and were yet dominant. Soon, we were finding our feet and began moving around better. Yaseen missed a penalty, but within a minute managed to cover it by taking a weak shot and the slippery ball just sliding out of the GK's hands. We got one more goal from chakradhar after I gave him a dying pass from my weak left foot. He managed to convert that into a goal. 3-0 up, we were beginning to experiment. I moved right and yaseen came left. Faizan (happy birthday to you!), moved up from the defense. Srikar managed a cross from the right side, and yaseen sent the ball straight in. 4-0. We started getting confident now. All we had to do is concede no goals. Manish had to do atleast 2 good saves to keep us ticking. Half time came and I could see the disbelief in the MGIT players' faces. They surely wouldn't have expected such a shocker. Nor did we, come to that !!.
We changed from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 in the second half and tried our luck. Playing from the left again, I was totally horrible. I slipped twice and lost control of the ball many times. Chakradhar noticed, and asked me to move right. Within a minute of that, I gave a great cross in, and saw Chakradhar unfold one of the best headers I ever saw live. It was easily Goal Of The Match, and he was Man Of The Match. He just completed his hat-trick. Funny thing is, all of Chakradhar's goals started from me. First a shot, then a pass, and then a cross. His part was nick, shot and header. Each time, we scored in a different way, and that added to the already elated spirits. We couldn't get any more in the second half and this was the second time we managed a 5-0 victory. We played 5 proper matches, and we scored (3+3+2+5+5=) 18 goals in them, letting in only 1. Even Manchester United would be extremely happy with such a result, judging by their horrible current form.
That was the match I wished would go on for ever. One hobby to die for ?? "Football". Bang comes the reply.
Within a few hours of the match I had to rush to Kalyan's place for another jam session. After a lot of analysis, we found certain faults in ourselves and went on. Near the end of the session, we got things into place, but postponed all our recording work to tomorrow. Hope it works out quickly. I was home by 2:30. Pretty quick session we had today. Music, the other hobby to die for!
Well all this hobby business has left me gasping for breath now, and right now, I am so unstable, I might fall before I complete this post! More to come when I wake up!
congrats u had quite good match . I think this was the best of all the matches u have played .
ReplyDeletedude i had no cards to show and u expect me to write the numbers and names of the players who score...anyways yes it was a good game and the header was a great one but happened only be cause of you and well chakki did score 3 goals but for me though man of the match will be MRGI and not just one guy
ReplyDelete