Friday, January 16, 2009

Update on Me

It's like a ship waiting for the high tide, so as to leave the harbour. It's my wait, for a reason to get back to things. Playing the guitar for example. Ever since the frets on both the guitars started buzzing, I completely ignored the fact that there were guitars in my home, and that I could play music. But once I brought home Karthik's Fender for a few days, it's back to business, as if it never paused. It's just like how I mentioned before. Like attempting to start an engine that lay underwater for years, and in my case it does really start. Up to now, I have successfully paused and restarted my unending endeavour of 'guitar learning' at least 50 times, and every time I restart, I forget that I ever paused it. The stiffness in the fingers is the only perceivable proof that can be obtained after every restart. That's good news, and bad news too. Anyway, it's a headache going into the details..

Serious times are coming fast and already going by, and I am still waiting for something to happen. Like getting a police clearance just for a project work. Such a big thing for such a small thing? Maybe it's needed after all, when people can show college ID cards and go on a shooting spree, a little dig into an individual's background is definitely necessary and I'm not complaining. The irritating part, however, is in getting the clearance. Six people of my group have six stories to tell, about how to get it. Which one do we follow? Nobody is sure. So when the dilema ends, and when there's clearance, (are we airplanes waiting for take-off clearance??), we can finally make some better use of our otherwise wasted 'serious time'.

That's the update on me.

1 comment:

  1. Well the guitar part is always there because its quite natural that a lion will always be a lion...so i am not betting on u forgetting or getting bored of the guitars...

    The police part really tricks me out, the police enquiry for a project i guess makes sense these days because of the terror threats, but do they really happen i mean both the checks and also the threats which materialize??

    ReplyDelete