Saturday, January 10, 2009

Scratches, Cracks, Rust and Everything Broken

That's been my new inspiration for some artwork from recent times. Everything I create, involves scratches or cracks or a rusted look. Maybe it is a direct reflection of what's happening around me. I used to wonder how painters and artists create art themed on current happenings and observations around them. But I think I understood how this works. When it's music, I try to create and listen to tunes that have a soothing effect so as to neutralise the effect of the outside world on me. Something like a fire extinguisher. And when it comes to digital art, I try to mirror what's happening 'out there' and automatically try to create an effect that makes the image look distorted and cracked up... some examples below.



1 comment:

  1. haha hey nice post man..and btw well yeah artists are like that..u know it better

    ReplyDelete