First of all, college is fortunately or unfortunately, officially or unofficially over. 9th was my last official day at college. So from now on, it's only focus on the project. That brings me to my project. I am pretty disappointed with the way things have turned around for me on this side of the multi-faceted polygon. My project is supposed to be about stress-analysis and stuff, a field that I hate, but the fact that brings respite to me is that we are doing it at a supposedly world class facility, which I don't wanna name here.
My music movement is way below the belt. With the acoustic buzzing at almost every fret, and the electric tuned to a uncomfortable DGCFAD tuning which I can't play a single song in the absence of a capo, has really brought my guitarring down to a bare minimum. Good thing though is, Srikar is willing to 'lend' me his brother's guitar, the Fender Squier Strat for a few days so that I can get back to my lead guitar basics.
With a few holidays round the corner, I decided to pick up the pencil at last. I chose a very difficult drawing, and marveling at my selection, I kicked it off. It's been a few months that I even wrote consistently let alone drawing which I didn't attempt for an year, so I expected a really bad outcome from this effort. I noticed that I pick up things after a huge huge gap and expect the same efficiency as before. It's like trying to start an engine that's been lying underwater for years. And in my case the engine does start! Like this one below... I am not trying to boast, but I am quite astonished the way I pulled it off, in 2 hours, especially the fingers and the guitar frets which are the only recognizable things in the drawing.

Also today, there was a sudden rush of people and it felt good to be among a few as most of my time these days is spent alone, not to forget the rush of food too! I dare not forget to mention the tasteful capsicum curry made by Srikar's dad...
Today made me exuberant, and this post is a reflection of that energy.
No comments:
Post a Comment