Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fly Away, Fly Away

It's the festival of kites. The enthusiasm is running high. Money is being splashed. Kites are being bought. Strings are being compared. There are bargains, there are arguments, there are kite fights, people are screaming at the top of their voices on victory, kids are running behind falling kites, people are getting tanned, the place is reverberating with music, and the skies are ablaze with colours.

Suddenly the video plays backwards, and there's a sound of a cassette player in the rewind mode. The colour fades and the camera stops on this guy sitting in front of his computer, apparently bored. Outside the window the scene is full of energy and here he is, describing it with no expression on his face whatsoever. As the camera pans towards the screen, the following words appear...


" ....festival of kites where kites do the talking. But in my case, I am the only one talking. It's been like this from the last 2 years. Just sitting at home and talking about it. Maybe I shouldn't blame myself because it was me who chose to be like this with my own will. So while the rest of the country or world enjoys the bright colours in the sky, I'll sit here wrapping up th..... "

And there's a fade out into blackness.





1 comment:

  1. Lol.
    Nice fade away.! ;)
    I used to be like that too. Just sitting at home. Pretending to be having more fun than the people flying kites. But it is fun you know. Flying kites I mean. Do try sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete