Friday, December 26, 2008

What season is this?

Place: 17N 78E, Northern Hemishpere.
Time: December
Season: Winter

Winter?

Yes Winter.

C'mon, this can't be Winter! Why isn't it cold?

Trust me, it's Winter. Don't you know your Geography?

But does this feel like Winter? I remember last year, I was tucked away inside my jacket from nearly September through January. In the beginning due to the rains, and later due to the cold. But the lower half of 2008 has been weird. I used my jacket hardly a few times. I drove around a lot, especially to college and exam centres, and never found the necessity to protect myself from the cold. No blanket at night, no jacket in the mornings, just odd heat around. I had to drive my family to a Christmas party in Maredpalli, and I assumed it would be very cold as it was late evening. I put on the jacket, and within minutes, I was sweating. I had to stop the car and get rid of the jacket. I never felt too cold the rest of the night! I was returning nearly at 10 and it just wasn't cold enough.

All these factors are seemingly pointing to a scary thought. Is the Global Warming really beginning to show its effect? One winter isn't enough to prove that point anyway. But In case this warm winter trend stays consistent, then its time to realise, sooner than later, that Global Warming is not a myth.

1 comment:

  1. even i dint feel like this is winter man, well i thought it was because we already experience some minus degrees cold and may be the temps are suiting our body..but now yes there is no body piercing cold which we guys are accustomed to in hyd

    ReplyDelete