I always believed, we Indian motorists are pretty rash and unplanned on the road. And that's the reason for most of the accidents around us. But I never thought our roads could actually bend people from another country. Definitely there would have been instances where we saw foreign nationals driving 2 or 4 wheelers in India. We always have an assumption that the roads in their respective country would have been a lot better than here, and hence they would be driving in a more organized and linear fashion. But what I saw today showed the dirty underside of misleadingly clean stones. Shockingly there were 2 instances where I nearly had an accident today, and both of them involved foreigners driving.
#1. I was heading home from Raj Kiran's and was taking the flyover leading towards Begumpet. I was on the lane leading to the flyover, and nearly at the entrance of the flyover, a black car swooped from my right towards the left, and took the lane that leads to the underside of the bridge. I had to react in time to avoid a collision, and the person in the car was a woman from another country, most probably European. She cut across me so rashly, that I was disoriented for a brief moment. I just couldn't make the connection. A foreign lady, with pale white hair (that was all i could see), in a black car just cut across and scared the hell out of me. It was hard to imagine but it definitely happened. And I tried keeping my eyes more open after that, especially on the rear-view.
#2. I was approaching Habsiguda's cross roads. As I neared the signal, i was trying to take the left-most lane which is usually occupied by bikes. Just then another vehicle cut across me. This time from the left to the right (which is more dangerous!). It was a gearless scooter (didn't bother with the name), and had a foreign couple on it. The were most probably Korean (as for my guess). As they cut across me, I braked hard. The crazy uneven road worsened the situation and I nearly lost balance. I was once again disoriented. Just because it was another incident with foreigners driving. I was lost making the connection once again. They were literally giving us a run for our own money. I felt weird driving there like an 'I-follow-all-rules' idiot. But this time we were more or less driving together, and I found that they were driving pretty decently. Maybe that 'cutting-across' incident went unnoticed from their point of view. In fact, I found my driving more erroneous, after taking a U-turn without indicating, and found a nice glowing indicator on their vehicle. I felt stupid again, this time for not following the rules!
All this would count to be just a bizzare incident, and we surely shouldn't jump to any kind of conclusions. But what I saw today, makes my head spin. One from the west, and one from the east. Both scaring me madly.
Globalization is here, and here to stay. We shouldn't make a fuss about anything foreign.
haha lovely post dude..well atlast now i feel like not just INDIANS behave like INDIANS but even people who are aliens and are here behave like us...good good...india is developing i guess...
ReplyDeleteand about the jealous part...i wont even mind even if u are jealous because the thing was so fun...and btw it was so pure dude...u wont belive it...the water was the best water i tasted in my whole life...even better than the water we drink in our homes....so pure...
hey even i wanted to post the similar matter you did it..
ReplyDeletewhile i was cumin from moulali yesterday i've seen an accident and let me tell it was so worst that the scooty itself became two parts... front part was under front tyre backpart under back tyre.... and one of the two ladies body got into two parts/...
the other lady head was twisted..
cant jus imagine a worst accident than this
tats fine .. .and thanks buddy !
ReplyDeleteUr a nervous driver :D
ReplyDelete