Now, I am really confused. Till a few months ago, Firefox(FF) was my favourite browser. I stuck to it like a leech for almost 3-4 years now. Of late I have experienced enough problems with 'my favourite' browser, and presently, I am constantly shifting between the hyped Chrome(GC) and dear old Firefox(FF).
Problem is, almost every alternate site seems to be crashing FF for some reason. This happens especially when I use orkut, or any guitar tabs sites. These are the ones I use most, and they don't work on FF. Because of that, I have shifted almost full time to GC. GC didn't crash anywhere yet. But I don't like this browser either. A single tab creates 2-3 'chrome.exe' processes, and each one uses a substantial amount of RAM. Also in GC, I hate that address bar acting like a 'search bar'. I think I sound weird, but FF has a definite advantage over GC on this issue. The address bar in FF not only acts as a search bar but actually redirects into a website automatically if the keywords match. (Type 'gmail' and you are redirected to www.mail.google.com) That's such a neat way of saving time! But unfortunately, the excessive crashes in recent browsing is forcing me to change my mind. Bottom line, I love everything about FF except the crashes, they are so annoyingly unpredictable. So I need a new browser.
I heard some positive comments about Safari from a few friends. Maybe it's time for me to check that out as well. In all this, where's MS IE? 20,000 leagues under the sea? Yes it is drowned, at least for me. My system is still reeling from the trojan horse blow that IE gave it recently. I am struggling to get rid of those 'invasions'.
So another post describing pain, this time about my computer's pain in finding a smart browser with good features, and low CPU usage and less crashes!! Thank god, blogger works on FF...
dude all's well but you forgot one norwegian jewel called OPERA. till date its the best and fastest browser i saw...but somehow now i am using google chorme full time except for some java apps..
ReplyDelete