It feels awkward when an exaggerated build-up leads to a total fiasco. It happened to me a few times before, and it did once again. No surprises there. Well the exam that I was supposed to write got so highly publicized that I couldn't get it off my head, nor the heads of the people around me. For the past 10 days I was only hearing and talking and looking at stuff related to this exam. People from the third floor, the second floor and even a neighboring building came to know of my so-called exam. It was almost intoxicating. The innumerable words I was brushing through, the endless passages I was reading, the crazy problems I was solving.. Maybe it didn't want to add up to a good result after all.
Though the start was good, as I came near the end, fatigue took over me. About an hour from the end, I almost got disgusted with the goings-on. I started to click madly, and the writing on the scratch paper got messier and messier to point where I couldn't decipher my own handwriting. My craziness peaked when I read a 7 as 4 and got the answer wrong. The 10 minute break did nothing. The 1 minute short breaks did nothing. They simply made me cold, and the last one hour was spent fighting the shivering and shaking rather than moving the mouse around.
And foolishly enough, I chose to "Participate" in the research program and had to endure another half hour of essay-writing at the end. By the time I came out, I was just ashen-faced with no words coming out of the mouth. All I could do was sip-up a milkshake and reply to the spate of SMSes on the mobile phone that it was a Complete Fiasco..
You feel worthless, when you observe a disappointed look on the faces of people around you, and more so if they are disappointed just because you are too!!
Hey buddy dont get disheartened man, it happens to everyone...forget what happened and lets see whats going to happen
ReplyDelete