Monday, January 14, 2008

Holy-Days

Well, we got a set of holidays yet again with Sankranthi finally here. It never felt like it at all. Till date, I don't know why we celebrate Sankranthi. It would take a few seconds to find that out, but maybe I am too lazy. Anyway, the Festival of Kites has arrived. Today morning at around 10 I suddenly remembered that people fly kites during this time. Wow, I was so stupid and dreamy. Every year, I used to be fully prepared for kite flying, but over the last 2-3 years, I lost interest completely. This time, atleast to mark the festival I thought I must make a kite and fly it. Maybe that would be an interesting task for an Aeronautical Engineer. Atleast, I can say that it works pretty much like an elevator of an airplane wing. The elevator or kite deflects the air downwards, and by Newton's Third Law, itself gets pushed upward. Lets see if I can make it fly properly, if I ever make one.

Anyway, these holidays, are not just for flying kites. Holidays for me is indirectly, more time to play guitar (especially after getting a good guitar processor from your Bro), more time to sleep and watch TV.
Happy Sankranthi to all...

2 comments:

  1. Well nice idea to make a kite..i hope u do make one ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey johnny i put up info about the new cars of F1 in my blog with the technical info...the posts are a bit long but i hope u do go through them and leave some comments.....

    ReplyDelete