Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sports Quarter

As usual, when there is a holiday, there is a football match and we had one today. It was really far from home, about 20KM, near Chakradhar's house. I was determined to play this match as it was against a tough team and went there early. Again, as usual i was the first to reach the place, and found no one around. Because the ground was so close to Chakra's house, i went to his house and he just got up. I dragged him out and by then, there were a few opponent players waiting. They were from the Secunderabad Cantonment team, and were supposed to be damn good. Ofcourse, they proved it later in the match.
   When the match kicked of, we had a good game for about 10secs, immediately after that, they showed us their game and scored a goal very soon. Then there was a strong fight between both teams, but none emerged victorious. All the time, they were the better team, and due to excess power in their legs, almost every shot went out. In our case, getting a weak shot on goal was an achievement. We still need to grow up. At half time, we were trailing, 0-2, and thought there is not much left in the game. But then, I was getting late and had to rush home, half way through the second half. By then, we made it 1-2. After i left, our guys scored one goal and let in 2 more, which made it a 2-4 loss. I am not dissatisfied with our game, but again, terribly disappointed with my game. I didn't really miss out any passes, but then, i was so slow with the ball that, either the pass was too weak or it was way too far for the player. I stepped back into defence, and didn't do well there as well. Overall, it was a bad game by me again, ever since i started 3-1. I didn't score a single goal from many months and didn't make a proper pass in the last many games. I think it's my worst ever series of performances, and I can kick only myself for it.
   Anyway, the good thing about the day was, Manchester United defeated Newcastle United 6-0, with Ronaldo(3), Tevez(2) and Rio Ferdinand(1), all contributing to the win.

1 comment:

  1. hmm looks as if we are getting better these days from 4-0,6-0 losses to 4-2...anyways since this is just the beginning of the renovation i am sure that we are going to get better...and as far as ur game i am quite sre this is just a bad point and it is very easy for u to come back to good form....

    ReplyDelete