If i said 2 posts ago that my game was slowly improving, then I was wrong. Today's game - ACE United (new) vs. ACE United (old) which had the new players playing against the already existing players - turned out to be a great game to watch and the worst game I ever played. Happened that Yaseen and me, were pushed into the new players' team because of no reason actually. Maybe due to lack of players in the new team. I was feeling a bit low on my energy and my throat felt dry before even starting the match.
Well, the match kicked off very late due to some stupid cricket players (sorry cricket fans!) blocking the entire ground. We decided to play a 90 min match and stay back after the college closes. The game was great, with both teams indulging in good team work and clever passes. But when it came down to me, I was among the worst players today. First half, I got to touch the ball about 5-6 times, all of which ended up at the defenders feet. Second half, I was low on energy and played on the RWB position where i couldn't do anything other than kick the ball blindly back into midfield. I again missed out many good passes and my mistakes even cost us a goal. I felt really horrible by the end of the match, but I liked the game that others played and I must congratulate them for that. It's been a long time since I saw ACE Untd players playing with such ease and comfort. Both sides had weak defences and especially mine, with Chakradhar being able to handle 3 defenders at once and scoring. The game was atleast competitive enough and the final scoreline was 4-3, which I felt had a few lucky ones...
There's a weird hope in me now, a hope that, all future games will be played so well, and also a hope that I must be a part of that "good game", instead of being on receiving end of hopelessness and ridicule.
well new grounds for aces i suppose..and stupid cricket come on man...anyways i hope u get ur form back as soon as possible
ReplyDelete