Sunday, January 20, 2008

Favs on Song!

It maybe true that India beat Australia at Perth and made history. The surprising thing is, every time India wins something, they say it's the first time in 20 years, 25 years, 50 years, or history itself. Then what were the team doing all those years? Losing? And of course, the media hype over the win was evident with all the news channels going berserk with the Breaking News. For me, it was truly a great win (minus the media hype around it), at least judging by what the post match analysis had to say.
    So that means, India made a mark in Australia early this year. But that would have been more emphasized had Sania Mirza won against Venus Williams. At Australia!! They would have remembered 19th Jan, 2008 as the "Day when India Ruled". Mirza got off to a great start and had Williams sweating, but soon lost it. Sad Sad Sad!



    My personal favourite was however, Manchester United's win over Reading. Was an interesting match with lots of attacking play, but no one scored till nearly the end of the game. Ronaldo was the most frustrated and frustrating player with every shot of his going off target. Rooney's shots were saved continuously. Finally, when Reading couldn't hold it anymore, ManU got the breakthrough with Rooney managing to send one in with some class. Being 0-1 down, Reading tried attacking with all their might with which they almost succeeded. The fresh attack by Reading left them with only 2 defenders to stop any counter attack. Ronaldo quickly made a run all the way from his box to the other box and sealed the game to 2-0. His only shot on target was in. Great match to watch.
    But what really impressed me was ACE Untd's win over MGIT. We took back the revenge of that 7-0 thrashing and beat them 4-1. We had some good movement, which didn't involve me. I was as horrible as before with most of my work going waste. I was again frustrated and slowly, it looks like I am losing the confidence of my team-mates. I hope that doesn't happen but if my bad form continues, I might find myself on the bench. And I'm serious. Back to the match, we had 4 separate scorers, which didn't include me again. The score-line showed how we managed to open up spaces among the MGIT defenders. Overall, a good boost for ACE Untd. It was a necessary win to keep the players in good morale. Except me ofcourse coz, I think I lost my potion that gives me stamina and confidence, when I went to that Kerala Tour. Must have dropped the bottle in the sea. Maybe some Mid-East player might find it, drink it and become the next Beckham and leave me rotting... boo-hoo!!

2 comments:

  1. nice that u wrote about cricket and tennis...and manu's match was good...i am happy that they won..and why dint i know about the MGIT match..anyways congrats that u have won....but dude get ur form back man somehow

    ReplyDelete
  2. frist of all congrats that u have won.....and hope u keep the gud work going ok.....

    ReplyDelete