Thursday, October 04, 2007

iPod hW s,.L!

Well, my iPod days have started and the last few of them have been a blur. I just couldn't realize the speed of the clock ticking away as I spent time on the new Classic.
First of all, it's an 80GB thing which I might take a few years to fill. (just kiddin').. the interface is has been stepped up and looks very cool, but it's definitely slower than the previous models. The Main menu is the slow one with the animated AlbumArt on one half of the screen. It's not exactly slow, but it takes about 0.5 secs to show up the menu when you move in from another. It's takes another 0.5secs to enter the new CoverFlow menu. It looks exactly like the CoverFlow in iTunes and once loaded, it feels really nice to scroll through the Covers. The music quality is pretty much the same. I couldn't feel any real improvement in the playback. The EQ presets are not fun coz it's a long process getting into the Equalizer and they cannot be changed to our style. The video playback is really cool and smooth and it's the best thing that I liked in this model. The iTunes converter was really taking a long time to convert simple MPEG formats and moreover, once converted, the audio was completely lost. I heard of cases where the audio-video sync was having a lag, but in mine, the audio was gone totally. I was a bit worried about this but fortunately, I found a software that works just fine. It converts almost all formats (including FLV and SWF) and does it very quickly without any lag or loss in audio. My Video Playback just got better. The clarity, even at 0% brightness is great and I am really enjoying the overall performance of the Classic. The battery-life is one that has to be tested because I am connecting the Classic almost every evening and in turn charging it up. But my approximations tell me that it could come upto 10-15 hours and not more than that. But the specs say it comes to 30 hours. I hope I am wrong.
The extra stuff available is fun to use, but everything has to synced in from itunes. Hardly anything can be done on the iPod itself. But I don't wanna get into the details of that.

Anyway, this craze will go on for a few days and later, it will slowly subside. All I can say is, Patience can do miracles ...

Just tell me if you understood the Title of this post.

2 comments:

  1. Good time i had and will have with your ipod until i have one .
    Title is it's my and then ipod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry dude i am not even trying to understand the words of a genius like u

    ReplyDelete