A few years ago, there was nothing on the roads. Just the usual autos and buses and a few 'motorbikes', cars and plenty of 'scooters' and walking people. Overnight, all that changed. Those weird looking Italian-like scooters gave way to 'bikes' as we call them. With engines running new technology, high capacity and high efficiency, bikes became the rage. The newer releases attract not only with fuel efficiency, and technology but also with looks. We all know of the famous Pulsar-Karizma war which became almost funny with controversies. Ofcourse, I am not the biker type and the only bikes I ever drove were a Fazer and a Hero Honda Passion. So I can't really compare bikes by their handling characteristics, road grip, engine pickup, etc. But I did have a certain idea about most of the happenings, by watching and listening.
But yesterday was a different story altogether! I cruised on the best I ever saw or drove in India. It was the Yamaha FZ 150 that Natarajan bought recently. It happily discourages a second seater which is a great thing for long-trip bikers. It was dark and I couldn't see it properly, but I could feel the presence of a monster. The huge fuel tank, the low placed headlamp, the curves, the lines, all of them give the bike a look that was never seen before on Indian roads! The ultimate stunner is the Yamaha Logo at the back that glows red in the night! It's expected efficiency is an amazing 45-50 which is almost shocking! The reason it has the potential to beat every other bike in India is that, it's tailor-made for bike-crazy people, and it fits the fuel-efficiency range which is typically an Indian requirement. The feel, ride and handling of the bike is way too awesome. It feels as if the bike's connected to your brain wirelessly and its listening to every touch you make on the accelerator. The comfort as far as a single person drives it is too good, though a pillion rider might feel uneasy and a third person's chance is totally eliminated. The road grip as according to Natarajan is beyond the wildest dreams as he actually got the footrest guard (i mean the guard that guards the footrest while extreme bending) to scrape the road while bending. All of my friends, and me have been blown away by the looks and performance of this bike and the orders for this bike are touching the sky. The Yamaha FZ is the newly crowned 150cc king of Indian Roads!
It's not for college going students who want to save money by traveling 3 at once. It's not for crazy long-dyed-hair guys who want to impress every other girl on the road. It's not for boring office going people who want to jump over every other pothole and zip in the narrowest cracks in traffic. It's for bikers! It's for Biking and it's a way living!

OH nattu bought a new bike??great...but somehow i dint like the front part of the bike much other than that, its a comeplete rock star i feel
ReplyDelete