Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Fright Night Chilly Night

Burr! It was cold and creepy. I got a call from Natarajan and he asked me to come over to his favourite hang-out place in the jungles of Osmania University. It was only 7:30pm, but it was pitch dark, and the place looked creepy under the headlamps of my vehicle. I couldn't hold the handle straight in the cold, I was shivering. I somehow reached the place, and I found him waiting there. And I found the monster waiting there...

The new Yamaha FZ. It was gleaming in the dark, and I immediately jumped onto the bike. Mine was taken by Avinash (who was also present), and we started roaming around. I got to ride it and it was awesome, though I was shaking like crazy, half due to excitement and half due to the cold. I had some good fun on the bike, trying to know all the technicalities of it in a single gulp. 2-3 passersby looked on and asked questions about it, as they could make out the distinct shape in the darkness.

Then plans began flowing and friends started pouring in. It was getting late now, and I was expected back home within an hour at worst, and it was well beyond that. But with nearly 6-7 people present now, the drinks came out. I modestly took one and we kept chatting and joking, and a pair of headlamps approach from nowhere...

We were pretty casually talking until we saw the sign on the jeep. The sign that nobody wants to see when drinks flow in a lonely, dangerous area. It was 100. It was the Police. I suddenly became dazed, numb, and partially unconscious, not because of the drink, but because of the sight that unfolded. 4-5 people jumped out, slammed the doors and got instantly aggressive with us. They thought we were upto something. They found the weakest link, Me. One man grabbed me and started pulling me toward the jeep. The others were also being dragged. We were trying to explain, but they were in no mood to listen. They started checking the smell of our breath. One by one, the facts started to pour out. It was suddenly hot, very hot. I was shivering. I was sweating, I was boiling, yet I was shivering. They snatched our bikes' keys. Were we begging, we were pleading but they knew what they had to do. The drama went on for about 15 minutes. We were made to enter our names, addresses, and phone numbers. We readily gave them. They asked us a hundred questions. We answered them truthfully. They never gave in. They never gave us our bikes back. Finally, when some of them started forcing us to get in, we begged like nobody on earth would have begged. We were in The Good Cop-Bad Cop situation. We begged the good cop and he told us crazy stories about the great happenings in that area where we were standing. After a lot more pleading, he finally asked us to go towards the bad cop and plead again. We did that readily. And he finally gave in and asked us to fork out a 1000 cash. We somehow managed to collect 450 and thrust it into his hands. He thrust the keys in our hands and asked us to get out of there and never be visible again. We promised him that, and escaped as fast as we could...

The cold, creepy night turned into a bad, scary night for all of us, and I hope we learned the lesson of venturing out at such times. Everyone were visibly shaken and extremely pleased to have been let go. We all took off to our homes soon, and it was the end of the 'night'...
For 5 minutes I enjoyed on the Yamaha like I never did, and the next 20 minutes were hell beyond reason. Maybe Pleasure does lead to Pain!!

P.S: To whoever read this, "Please don't talk about this to me or anyone, within 10 miles radius of my home!!"

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god...I would never want that happening with me man..AND btw u drinking???
    Beeer???
    Pls be it coke..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude man i still cant belive what happened dude, my god..U told it to ur parents?

    ReplyDelete