Saturday, November 08, 2008

Diwali 2008

I am posting this very late and at a time when I should have been preoccupied by books. But I love to waste time when it's not supposed to be wasted. That's me and I can't help it. Anyway, as usual, my experiments with photography never get exhausted and this Diwali, just like last year, gave me a lot of scope to experiment. However, this time I was somehow very unfortunate in timing. And most of the photos got distorted. Or in a creative sense, we could say they got tweaked. The end result is that, I don't know what angle or zoom level I was in, for more than half of the photos. They were almost random and almost unplanned. At least, I had not predicted them to come out that way. But still most Master Pieces are made 'by mistake' (that is, if you would ever care to call them master pieces).

This Diwali was spent more or less with the camera and hardly any time actually celebrating the occasion with fireworks. Here are some of my 'better' shots which are actually mistakes but the exposure setting on the camera turned into images that seem to have been edited in Adobe Photoshop. But let me remind you, not one of them has been edited... It's time to let the fireworks take over.

Don't mind the extra long post because of so many photos.



Some evening shots to capture the colours of the setting sun.



As usual, lamps form an intergral part of the festival.




We brighten up the air, but we always forget the smoke that's left behind, and the trash that's strewn on the ground...


The rise of "Fire Trees" from the ground.



I don't know what the camera orientation was for these shots.













This ain't no Photoshop.


The Flowers from the "Fire Trees".


And then there's a chaotic end.

2 comments:

  1. Dude those were some nice pics man, especialy the last one, and btw even i with ur inspiration did some snapping this diwali, will post them as soon as i can

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes welll i guess i need to get over the 12 yr long ganguly hang over and well INDIA is in news for one more thing buddy..Our field..Chandrayaan is rocking the skies...literally...

    ReplyDelete