Friday, May 02, 2008

Blog the Silence

It's been silent here for quite a while. And i've been a silent prey all the time as well, to some rather weird things around me.
First of all, my the semester exams are going on and they seem to be no different from the rest of the exams that I was doing these Engg. days. The same old lack of preparation, the same old unexpected paper, the same old tension. It's just the same old story. I am beginning to get bored of this now. 2 exams are done and both of them with the same script as before. Especially Structures, the one that I have been hating ever since I heard of it (from the roots of Solid Mechanics), was the worst yet out of the two. It's funny they asked us to remove our shoes before entering the hall. And, it's funny I had to cover my face a walk away for the first time in my life from a Lecturer. He was there standing, and asking everyone who came out, "How was the paper? Did you attempt all?" And here was me, looking desperately for options to avoid his glance. ...he already said this to me once before, "What happened? You are not showing interest in studies. You wrote only 1 answer this time. How much did you get in the last descriptive?" "2" "How much is your average?" I wanted to say - Around 6 or 7, but got away with it after someone distracted him. I left immediately.... This time again, I managed to get away. Some guy ran to him about a doubt (I never had a doubt in the exam. Even a wrong question would have looked ok to me) and I grabbed the chance before he could have "ObJerrrvud me" ... Wanna fail in the exam? Simple! Just attend his classes and read notes written by HIM. Or there could be an alternative! Try to make a new song the day before the exam!
Great patch I am going through. Maybe I just got so used to writing a single answer from the expected 5 all through the internals, that I am laughing around with stupid jokes even after a horrible External Exam Experience. I would say, I did get used to this. I've been doing this from the last 2 years. It's rather shameful that such things have been going on from the last 2 years and the results have been extraordinarily the opposite. I have begun to get the feeling maybe I can just get along like this till I actually fall off the cliff. Once I fall, I can then think how not to fall!!!

Moreover, the heat of the summer attracts you to the edge of the cliff. Imagine, the cool breeze you would feel, a feeling of flying and then the feeling of crashing ofcourse! Things can't go on this way. And it's bad I don't know how to put an end to this. Anyway, everyday, we can have a brand new start. Just touch the tip of the index finger to the tip of your thumb and think about the happy things in your life, and you can have a brand new start. Maybe I'll do that just now... hold on... ... ... ok Brand New Start (by Alter Bridge - great song!) ... oh nooo ! I was supposed to focus on exams ...

Anyway, off focus now I cannot get it back soon. Infact, of the reasons I have not been preparing well for these exams is the IPL T20 league. Believe it or not, I am watching every match I possibly can (I still don't know why!) with so much interest that if I put half of it in my studies, I would have been a happier man today. The IPL clearly reminds me of the EPL with home/away matches, crowd support, explosive performances, entertainment, etc. This format resembles soccer in a way and that has caught my attention. If people say T20 isn't successful, then they are wrong. It has managed to attract a cricket hater like me. But that won't mean I like cricket. It's just that the short format is easy to watch and enjoy, unlike the 1 day games or the 5 day games! Especially, listening to the music and the crowd from the International Stadium near my home, whenever Deccan Chargers lose feels quite good. The stadium lights nearly illuminating the whole of Habsiguda, and the music/commentary/crowd noise audible till inside my house ...

Deccan Chargers might be losing every game they play, if you ignore that Gilchrist Bomb that fell on Mumbai recently. But Manchester United from EPL seems to be going through a nice time. Top of the table (edgy) and Champions League Finals, is a good postion at the moment. Both the wars are with Chelsea and the stronger of the 2 is the winner ... I got no problems with Ferrari finishing on the podiums as well ...

Well, that should break the silence of my blog for now. Maybe the next post will come after another long bout of silence. Afterall, silence is more precious than Gold (to me atleast) ... I enjoy silence at all times except when my iPod is blaring ... like now!! Brand New Start by Alter Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment