Thursday, May 15, 2008

Alive or dead ???

I just dragged myself to blog 2 days after my exams got over. I feel alive now after those ready-to-forget exams. Can't even call them that. They were so one-sided. I would have lost anyway even if I ever prepared. The war is not just against the examiners who make life difficult after exams, but also the invigilators who make life during the exams. Stupid people turning up from JNTU and asking us to remove shoes and socks to prove there's no hidden stuff. One other day, we were asked to leave the shoes outside. The checking was much worse than a bomb-detection squad would do. They must invent some papyrus-detectors!! Which would work anyway because we not even allowed to take our wallets with us. The Hall-ticket would send the paper-detector crazy though. And our answer papers ofcourse ....

Anway, now that I am alive, I see too many deaths around me. Those thousands due to the China quake, the Bruma Cyclone, the tornadoes, the dust-storms, the bomb-blasts, all added to the death of my uncle on the 10th of May.

These holidays are a big task ahead now. I have to visit Jagdalpur within the next week for the ceremony and after coming back, must start the compulsory mini-project in the college, for the college, not for me .. but my real interest lies somewhere else. Hard work needs to be done with my guitar-work. Now that I have heard many accomplished guitarists, thanks to online video streaming (Michaelangelo, Paul Gilbert, Jimi Hendrix, Kirk Hammett, Mark Tremonti, some amateurs!!), I feel much lower than what I was an year ago. I used to think, "Now I am proper guitarist!! I can almost play any song I want" .. after listening more closely to lead guitar from Metallica, Alter Bridge etc, I was forced to change my mind. Right now, I might be about 0.001% of what Kirk Hammett or Mark Tremonti are. And my skill level though is up by more than 10 times, still feels as if I am half of what I was an year ago .... complicated maths!! If you concentrate too much you might end up becoming a guitarist .. be careful!!

1 comment:

  1. Dont worry man.. your guitarin skills will come to life once we jam. I ve been longin for one.
    Sad to hear about your uncle. :|
    May his soul R.I.P

    ReplyDelete