Damn, I almost forgot I maintain a blog. After a month, I suddenly was reminded that it exists and its rotting! Just to silence the silence, I came back to post something. Something about nothing. Lots of things happen around me, and yet nothing's worth posting. Or maybe its the other way round. Everything is so highly worth posting that my brain isn't enough to store all the sights and sounds that I'm currently experiencing. I've already forgotten the names of stuff I ate outside, and the places I visited. By the time I get the idea to post about something, something more happens and I wait for a little more time, or that memory simply disappears from the memory. The endless loop went on and on till today when I finally found some time to post.
Its about nothing! Really. True, I'm traveling around a lot. Seeing new things. Experiencing new cultures. Making new friends. Hmm, sounds like a lot? But really, it's all been nothing. When I look back, nothing big really happened. Maybe the tolerance level that a certain event could qualify for a post on the blog has turned strict. Back home, a visit to a computer store would make it to the blog. And now, I visited one of my favourite stores on Earth, the Guitar Center, and yet I didn't bother posting!?! That was after I made it a point on the blog to visit the store! Tolerance level definitely very strict.
Every exam in college would make an appearance here. And I just completed 2 very difficult exams, one of which I screwed so badly, I feel like pulling all my hair out, and yet it didn't make it here. Not before now at least!
Every time I went out to eat (family or friends), I would make it a point to put it in here. In the last month, I went out so many times, saw new Restaurants and Bars and Clubs(ex. Buffalo Wild Wings, Denny's, Hooters, 2 Bros BBQ, etc.) in Wichita, liked them, but never bothered to post it before this.
So nothing really big happened. But all that posted above did happen. So I think I'm the bad judge here who couldn't decide what was worth posting and what wasn't.
But then, there's one thing that's actually worth posting. I took part in this program called American Family friend, and was matched with this really nice family that has kept my weekends alive. Last weekend's BBQ lunch buffet was excellent. For once, I tried proper American food, something I didn't do justice to every since I landed here. Learning new cultures first hand, rather that reading it about in some book turned about to be quite interesting. Probably the biggest discussions relate to food, but then lots of other things crop up and time just passes by over a plate of lunch or dinner. On a recent visit to the family's house I spent such a long time there that my friends actually got worried what happened to me. And an upcoming event that I'm really really looking forward to is the Kansas Cosmosphere where an actual SR-71 Blackbird is suspended from the ceiling. Ah! Somebody take me there!
As for experience, I think the rather long story, which actually promised that there was nothing, ends here. I hope to come back to post as soon as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment