The speed was 20Kmph. I could see traffic till far far away. But I was too engrossed in thoughts about today. It started off like just another stupid weird day. The day for me started at 1 am. The presentation! I sat the whole night working my way through my complex procedures of making a formal presentation into a movie like experience. The animations, and colours and embedded videos, and what not! Is it all needed? Maybe it is, for my satisfaction. I cannot settle for anything less than that. So 1 am it was when I managed to finish the whole thing, when my group mates had already gone to sleep in their respective houses. I always wonder if so much of hard work is needed for trivial things such as this. But then, pat comes the answer just like before. It’s all for my satisfaction. Yeah Yeah, same old story. But the twist in the tale came in the college. We were the first to reach among our classmates and wanted to give the seminars (2 of them) as quickly as we could. All we could notice ourselves doing was Wait. We waited and waited and just when our patience began running out at around 1pm (12 hours after my completion of the presentation), our great sir gives us this magic deal !! For some reason he was to be busy for the rest of the day, and asked us to simply copy the presentation files into an appropriate folder and leave. Our joy knew no bounds. We did that more than willingly and zoomed away from the college like we never did before. The whole atmosphere of the college was just so un-inviting. Strict traffic rules of ‘keep to the left’ from the gate to the parking (a parking lot under the sun?? that’s no parking lot!), a distance of 100m. We break rules on major highways and follow them inside the college. If that’s not weird, then what came soon after this was simply weirder.
Sometimes we are so lazy, and sometimes so quick. Plans flowed out, and suddenly there was an urgency to watch this movie, Dev D. And the weird part that I was talking about is now! I agreed to go. What’s weird in that? Everything! I watched this movie just 6 days before and here I was driving willingly, to go through it all over again. ‘That movie blew me away’, is a bit of an understatement. Today I went through it again, and was blown away once again, with greater force. This movie hits you at just the right points, and by the time it ends, you’re like, “I don’t want to leave this place!!” It’s like an addictive song which you don’t mind hearing over and over again and still not get enough of it, something like Let it Die by Foo Fighters. Everything was raw, and yet colourful. Like throwing a piece of reality onto your face with added colours. It was the second time, and it only got better. Every scene had this strangeness in it with some dominant colour all over. And those shades ranged from the usual black, white, and stuff to contrasting green, yellow, blue, red and forget-me-never pink. I was never a movie freak so I can’t exactly know if certain colour themes are followed during the duration of the movie, but this one had a trend of changing colours. And that was the most amazing thing I noticed more than anything else. I wasn’t watching Bollywood. Maybe that’s the very reason I liked it. The soundtrack was extremely well timed, and sounded superb. It being a Soundtrack is so un-bollywood in the first place. We don’t have that usual lip-sync done by the lead actors (who otherwise magically sound like professional singers and finger-pick electric guitars without connecting cables), and dancing around trees kind of stuff. Those were minor issues. The whole theme of the movie was unusual, almost against the trends set by the rest of the movies that we see. Everyone has a lesson to learn from this. Right from the common man to filmmakers. Like I said before, Change is in. It’s what everyone wants, no wonder the movie had such high ratings. Even if I ignored the high ratings, I could’ve easily fallen in love with it.
The speed was 20 Kmph. I could see traffic till far far away. But I was too engrossed in thoughts about today. I was too lost. I couldn’t hear anything but my own head. There was chaos all around me. Cars were honking, bikes were whizzing, and people were crossing at random, but I was isolated from all this. I was immersed in silence. I was in the center of a hurricane where everything was calm and quiet…
haha nice post man...and coming to Dev D, well people who liked it gave it 5 star( TIMES OF INDIA) and people who dint gave it just one star( many)...so i think its a personal choice...as for me i dint see it yet
ReplyDelete