Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Is this world for real ?

Things happen in phases. Sometimes we have a phase where everything is too slow and frustrating, and on the other hand we have a phase where too many things happen too quickly, all at once. It’s times like these that make me wonder if this world is for real! Doesn’t it all resemble a typical, stereotypic, sentimental Bollywood movie? Atleast the week’s happenings are nothing short of a blockbuster. There were 3-4 things on my head at once. A marriage being arranged at home which brought home 20-25 people at once, an on-and-off involvement in a technical event, jam sessions for the annual day whenever possible, and the most important of all, my sticky project work. I am suddenly forced to repent the fact that my hobbies rule my life. But I cannot imagine living without doing all the things that I do daily.

 

The marriage at home really pulled me away from everything else, and it was the reason I was lagging behind in everything else. An unavoidable hindrance. The project guide was extremely unhappy about our progress with the project and almost came to point of asking us to cancel the project. Srikar comes up with some trip to Bangalore and pulls out of the show. The technical event pretty much fails miserably in the end. To sum it all, my whole world seemed to be falling apart perpetually. I had literally no control over it. Suddenly the world turns around. Up is down. The marriage is finally over, and my brain is freed from it. My project-mate finds a very very important material on the internet which brings the smile back on the face of our guide, and on us. Srikar postpones his trip and accepts to play for the show. March 16 was like a ‘everything-is-falling-apart’ day, and 17th is the perfect opposite. It took just 24 hours for everything to turn around like magic. That when I wondered, “Does someone script all this? Do all happenings on this Earth just happen? Or does someone make them happen? “

 

And then like a famous Bollywood twist, the world falls apart again. We take another huge break from the project work which will eventually bring us back down again. Srikar’s world falls apart with his bike mangled beyond recognition which forces him to back out of the performance for a second time and last. And at this point, everything around me looks torn to pieces. I strain my brain joining pieces of riffs to compose small songs, and the world around me relentlessly keeps tearing itself apart, just for the fun’s sake of it. A few hours and a minor bike accident what all that was required to accomplish this amazing feat. That’s what makes me wonder once again, “Does someone script all this? Do all happenings on this Earth just happen? Or does someone make them happen?”

 

“Is this world for real?

 

Or is it just a game being played by some psychotic controller who loves watching people suffer?

 

I wonder…”

No comments:

Post a Comment