Saturday, March 07, 2009

Did Somebody Say 'Silence' ?

Oh well, maybe I thought wrong. Yesterday I felt like I was in the Eye of the storm where everything is calm and quite. And everybody knows that doesn’t last for long. The storm will come back with greater force. And it did today. The first proper jam session was planned from morning to evening, and we had a really really bad start to it. I forgot my entire set of picks, and connectors and stuff, and we had to borrow picks from the first-years. For a while we even managed to strum with a piece of folded paper, height of foolishness. Overall today was so noisy and frustrating that the whole 8 hours took a pretty heavy toll on me. All the crowd and the noise created a kind of banging within my head, and after lunch I just couldn’t concentrate one bit. I just forced myself to somehow go through it and dragged it to 3. Another snare drum would have caused my head to burst. We wrapped the jam up with a weird fear within ourselves. Not 10 days left and the list of songs wasn’t decided yet. How in the world is anyone going to manage something like this? Moreover, there are events to organize, projects to complete, weddings to attend (organize actually), and, and, and, … I hope the list ends there.

 

As of now, my head is about to explode from within so I’d better leave it at this… I was talking about silence and calm yesterday and am facing the very opposite today, what irony.

1 comment:

  1. lifes all about irony, its in our hands to choose the one best...which is good yet weird

    ReplyDelete