Welcome to the new trend in Bollywood. Rock! First of all, I can't believe I am talking about Bollywood. But maybe I can be forgiven if it's for a good cause. "Oh Lord of Rock N Roll, forgive me for talking about Bollywood music, but I assure you, it's for a good cause."
Well, this particular movie was getting too much attention on Channel V and I decided to check it out after all. Some of the stuff that was played on TV was sounding fine and I went a step further and heard the complete songs from this movie, Rock On!!. It's definitely ground breaking music in terms of the crappy Dance/Hip Hop/Punjabi mixes that we produce day and night. In the typical B'wood case, the song is mostly out of sync with the movie coz we can be pretty sure that the singer is not the actor and that the actor might not even have a taste for the music that's playing behind when he is 'running around trees'. Yet he is forced to act that way in order to create that feel which is not needed anyway. Thankfully, Rock On!! seems to be revolving around the rockstar life and the singer is the 'singer', and there are proper instruments used, few but proper. The tracks truly reflect their life and they are not born out of thin air in a dream-like world. This is pure Rock N Roll straight out of Bollywood, and it's a much-needed change and relief. Most of the songs are from this Genre, and there are a few slow ones too, which actually sound better and complete than the faster, raw ones. I don't know anything about the movie or the storyline which means we'll have to wait for it to release, but the music definitely breaks barriers for me. It's not the best music that I heard, but it's definitely good enough to spend some time with.
So, it's goodbye to Artificial Bollywood Crap (ABC), and welcome to Rock On!! Phew!! I can breathe now!

hey, even ive been hearing a lot about this movie but somehow i was told that the songs arent that great and this comes from our "singer"
ReplyDeleteYeah, Farhan Akhtar sounds good.
ReplyDeleteAnd just in case u dont know, he is also the director of this movie !
It ll defenitely b worth a try if we jam these songs since we are always out of "Hindi Rock".
And let me know the chords of "Pichle saat dino mein"
ReplyDelete