Friday, June 13, 2008

An I-am-bored-so-I-posted Post

Monsoons are here and here to stay. Good thing is, the place will cool down a bit, the bad part though is the roads that'll promptly get water-logged every year. Being more of a walker than a biker, I have to bear all the difficulties in jumping across varied sizes of puddles. Ofcourse I must also learn the skill of dodging water-sprays from aggressively driven cars. The mosquitoes will be back and who knows, they might have evolved into a new species that's immune to our famous mosquito-repellents. Everytime you go out, you should carry an extra thing with you, your umbrella or your rain-coat. And hey if you feel like getting drenched in the acid-rain, you can happily do so. Not to mention the everlasting power-cuts. Everytime I think I made a good tune, the power's gone and my tune's lost...

And this week wasn't a BHEL or Bhel week. It was just an At-home week, which I enjoyed nevertheless. The results weren't great with 71.4%. I remember rejoicing more for having a Pass next to every subject than the reaction after calculating the percentage. That's what engineering life has turned into. All we want to see is the leap across the stream. We don't care how far we leaped or if we just managed to clear the stream or used a boat or a bridge (copying!!) to cross it.

At BHEL, though we managed to get the results of the mini-project we are doing, we still haven't finished it and it's unnecessarily getting more and more delayed. At a stage it looked like it would be wrapped up in a week. That extended to a second week because of stupid mistakes and the tutor going out of town. And when the tutor is back, Chakradhar had to go out, dragging this to a third week. Right when we didn't want any more delays, they came crashing into us... and depriving us off precious holidays.

I just uploaded some photos taken from a 1.2MP phone-camera (don't ask me where I got it). These are of the BHEL R&D CFD wing, and the results of our CFD analysis. The project isn't officially over, but the pictures say it's over.


The BHEL R&D CFD Block. Good sky behind...


The streamlines show the flow in the Spiral Casing of a Hydro-turbine. I hope it's accepted... it's not Aeronatutical


This is a vector view of the flow with the arrows marking the direction (hope you can see them). Don't mind the tilted images. I snapped them from the monitor. Luckily LCD or else I would have found only lines in my photo...

4 comments:

  1. i guess you have done quite some stuff at BHEL..i yes it looks great but its sad that its not aero...anyways i dont think that will matter for our lecturers and JNTU who want matter on paper than matter in the brain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'YOU' know to make tunes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. er... yeah i do .. have so many that I get confused about how to proceed with them ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 1.2 cam looks great.
    The pics came well.

    ReplyDelete