Friday, June 20, 2008

Mummy!! It's Over!!

Can't believe, it's already the end of vacation. I never noticed them starting. Last thing I remember, I was running for the door, I had to find the passage back to the place I was before ... That was my last memory of the exams ... fitting lyrics really!

It's been a month and I never enjoyed a single day except that IPL match-day at the stadium. All the time was spent either in BHEL or if outside, thinking about it. Never a thought like, "Phew! All pressures gone, I can get back to my guitar". It was rather like this, "@#*& *#$&@## @#*&$ ... Why can't I get day free?!" Ofcourse the time spent in BHEL was time well spent, but one hates it when it happens at a time you were supposed to be relaxing on a far far away beach. It's a record I made, not being able to touch my guitar for so many days during holidays. I used to make it a point to jam for an hour after coming back from college. Am I going through some kind of a change? I really have to find that passage back to the place I was before ... "Relax", said the nightman. "We are Programmed to recieve, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave". And the blues guitar solo that comes after that, wooo..

My new venture, Atez was supposed to kick off as my next full song and actually did. It's a 6:09 min long song, but almost entirely an electronic one. Somewhere from the back of my mind a voice told me, "there's no Rock in it. What are you upto??". I sat and remodelled a part of the song, and now, it's a mix (I hate this) between Rock and Trance. I still need to add a solo in that, and my fingers are unable to move down the fretboard. I wanted a purely technical sound, a sound that comes only from a kind of pattern playing rather than framing one in the mind and playing it. So far, I have been highly unsuccessful. It only means one thing. My brain is demanding more than what my hands can do. Until there is coherence, there's nothing that can be done, except practice ofcourse. With all this, the blog seems to be turning into a woes-of-a-guitarist Blog, rather than the one it intended to be. I forgot what that was, so forget it ...

1 comment: