Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Johny's Laboratory

  The External Lab exams just got over, and it's more of a relief that they went smooth.
  Yesterday I had Aerodynamics Lab and supposedly, everyone was scared of that exam. As fate had it, the college bus got very late, and I could only enter the lab at 10. I lost a precious half hour and was wondering if this is the beginning of my end. I chose one random question out of the last two and it turned out to be the easiest of all. I quickly answered everything needed (I didn't even need to do the experiment as there was a problem with the wind tunnel equipment), and left for the viva. It wasn't very good, but i answered a few which I hope will get me through.
  I had the Aircraft Production Technology Lab exam today and though the name sounds interesting, the subject tells a different story. The word aircraft appears around 2-3 times in the entire subject. Anyway, the exam was fine and I managed to learn on the spot, how to read exactly from a Vernier Calipers, and how to make accurate use of the graduations given on the lathe machine. I was doing the expt for the first time directly (that happens every year) and I was quite comfortable with it. The viva was screwed after the external asked me things which I never heard of. When finally he asked me a question I knew, I was relieved and started answering. But then, just as I started answering, he sent me away. I don't know what to make out of that, but I hope something will be done so that I can get a respectable score in the final.
  Well, though there were problems, on an average, it was a good round up of my Lab stuff. That comes especially after missing both the Lab Internals due to sickness, and then re-writing them after a lot of begging and persuasion. Hope the final result shows the Thumbs Up for me coz my descriptive exams have already decided that they won't allow me to write them well ..... who's human ?????

1 comment:

  1. i know man labs do go this way...even i had the same experience with one of the external this year...anyways i think ur average will be ok man come on u are the fav of all

    ReplyDelete