Friday, November 09, 2007

Diwali, 2007

I never had any plans this Diwali because of the exams. I wasn't in any mood to study but at the same time, I couldn't enjoy fireworks completely because of the exam tension at the back of my mind. Somehow, I managed to get somewhere in between those and started clicking photos. Most of my Diwali night was spent in this. And here's the result of some of my attempts. First thing, it's all easy talk clicking the button when there's a rocket sending out it's so called Hanging Gardens and Lavenders and stuff... but when you get behind the camera, it becomes so much more difficult. The light comes first as it travels much faster than sound, and we get confused trying to wait for the sound to come and in those milliseconds, we miss out the shot. So I clicked nearly 100 times and deleted atleast 70-80 of them. Finally, the exposure helped me and i got some good ones in the end, though I am not entirely satisfied by what I got. Even then, some shots are way beyond my imagination. The smoke and illumination make Hyderabad City look like a city from Jupiter, thanks to the exposure.

Well, the Festival of Lights has come to an end and I need to get back onto my studies, or else I'll still be in 3-1 for the next Diwali. Meanwhile, these are the outputs of my experiments. But I won't get 75/75 for this exam ... hahaha...














1 comment:

  1. hey dude nice pics man...yes i know this time i somehow managed to celebrate diwali rather than boycotting even though we had drawing as our first exam..

    ReplyDelete