Okay. First of all, everyone who wants to curse me, please do so. I'll take it gladly for what I'm about to reveal is something so embarrassing that one would wonder how I've lived so long without doing this particular thing.
Here's the thing! I watched the three movies from the Bourne Series for the first time in my life on the 30th of June, 2010. To make matters worse, I watched the second movie first, the 1st movie second and the 3rd, last. How I didn't watch them years ago, I don't know. I really don't know. I admit I was not much into movies but I wouldn't have missed something like the Bourne Series, but it happened. Well, you're reading the 'adventures' of a guy who hasn't watched the Oceans 12, 13 movies or Troy or The Matrix movies yet, who only watched Gladiator, The Italian Job and Avatar a few weeks ago, you get what I'm saying right.. yeah, I can see you get it.
Anyway, coming back to my Bourne Adventure, when I finally watched the Bourne Supremacy in Jim's house, I was so blown away by the awesomeness of the whole plot and storyline. I came home and watched the other 2 movies in quick succession. I just loved every bit of them. Obviously, I knew that these movies were taken from novels so I quickly jumped over to reading them down. I thought reading the novels was more like my thing than watching movies. Well, that was true till kind of lost the habit of reading.
I started off with reading the first of the novels by Robert Ludlum, and it was pretty good. My reading speed reduced to almost a fraction of my original pace (when I used to finish the Rowling, Dan Brown, Meyer books in a matter of hours). I took a few days to finish this novel while loving all of it.
After a gap of 2 weeks or so, I started off with the second novel. This one was a lot slower than the first one and not so interesting too, but I liked it anyway. There was absolutely no relation between the movie and the original novel. It was like reading a completely different story that co-incidentally shared the same name with a few same characters.
That novel was done and now I'll have to move on to the next one in the series. I'm hoping this will live up to the kind of excitement I have in me to read it. I'll come back when it's done.
(Though I don't know when..)
Love the Bourne series. What are the names of the books?
ReplyDelete