Monday, September 07, 2009

Wake me up When September Ends

September has just started. Just like the past 4 months that have gone down the drain with no time well spent, this month would pass on too, worthlessly. Suddenly I am wishing for all this to end. At least this month to end. By then, hopefully, I would get some confirmation on my application status in Universities. Till then I'll have to just lie in the dark, waiting for my time to come.

As of now, there's too much negativity in the air. With YSR's sudden, tragic death, the pessimism only just increased. People around me sound hopeless and helpless. Only with loss can a person truly realize what he can lose.

My losses (losing moderately expensive electronic gadgets) have been nothing compared to what the Andhra Pradesh state lost, but loss is loss. I've kinda attempted to cover up (buying a 22inch 1080p monitor) and hopefully by next week, my life would be back to normal when I get my mediocre Graphic Card back. Currently Google Earth works like it's affected by Swine Flu and suddenly Microsoft's Bing Maps is holding my attention for some time (it's a desperate ploy to waste time in a world that is suddenly filled with excess time - shocking i know!!). At least Bing Maps has better resolution, better clarity and newer imagery compared to GE. However, the lack of a standalone application really bugs me, especially when I have such a slow connection. Google hasn't updated the imagery near the Hyderabad International Airport even as of today. I had to cut a piece of the Bing Maps imagery of the Shamshabad Airport and do an Image-Overlay on GE to deceive myself that the newer imagery is there. Here's the image I ripped.



It does look good from the Satellite. And surely even better from the inside. But about how fast it would grow in the near future is still a doubt. In fact, how fast any development project in Hyderabad - and AP in general - would take shape is the biggest question. With a new CM who should handle the state for the next 4 years, life's gonna be tough for both government and people. It's like everything is back to square one. A fresh and dedicated start is needed, which I kinda doubt as of now. Either we choose experience and same-old-politics or youth and brand-new-start-politics. Somehow, there's a growing suspicion that there's no difference between the two. It could be the same old story. It's another reason I just wanna fast-forward this month to the end and see how the first month of a new administration turns out to be.

It's a wait-and-watch game here and I'll wake up when September ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment