Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hit the Road

For nearly a month, I spent all my time lazing at home, doing nothing. Well, nothing doesn't exactly mean nothing. I was doing some stuff like described in the post below. But 80% of the day was allowed to vaporize to nothing. Soon, the laziness got so addictive that, I was beginning to hate doing things that I always loved, like picking up my guitar! I suddenly revolted and decided to take some drastic steps and make my days more useful.

Thankfully, things came to me automatically and kept me busy this week. I got the 2-wheeler repaired and rode about 120KM in 2 days just for some stupid transcripts and ended up not getting them anyway. It just left me tired but the pleasure of the polluted wind hitting the face was a welcome/unwelcome change.

I then also got a few chances to get the car out and that was much better coz there was no polluted, dusty air this time. Today, I drove all the way to Chilkur to visit the temple, a drive of about 40KM from my home. And for the first time, I could push the car a bit a reach a speed of 90Kmph which is an achievement for me coz I never drove on empty roads such as this. The acceleration of the Zen was murdered with the A/C on, and the 4th gear couldn't handle anything more than 60, and thus I got my first chance to use the 5th gear (another milestone for me). A distance of about 80KM on a single day (2 hours' driving precisely) is another milestone achievement. The roads were completely different from what I saw 2-3 years back. Geographically displaced by a few meters, the new road is much wider and smoother, allowing faster flow. Once the divider is in place, I think the speeds will get higher, which is actually dangerous coz the RTC bus drivers think they can drive while half asleep covering 75% of the road, and the travel cab drivers think they own the road, and the right to honk 24X7. They actually might feel strange if they don't press the horn in situations like er.. having dinner, or sleeping. Who knows, a driver might end up flattening a fruit thinking it was a horn..

Overall, a better week than the last few ones, but at the compromise of rest. C'mon who rests these days? If students take rest, its called 'Wasting Time'. If employees take rest, its called a 'Rare Luxury'. If old people take rest, its called 'Wasting away Life'. So basically you get a chance to take rest (in its true meaning), when you are a baby.. Once you hit the road, there's no rest!!

(Oh I am tired, I need some rest!)

2 comments:

  1. oh then i guess u guys were given some other turbine section i feel..this thing is taking for ever to complete..this casing what we got has a blend at the initial nose which joins itself with the end...and the worst part is that all the sections are not circular and about half of them are elliptical..god knows why they want such complex system...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Shrikant here. Am sorry to drop by like this, but there's something you HAVE to know...

    One of your friends called who hosts a blog at http://krishnakb.wordpress.com has been stealing my content blatantly without my permission, heck without even so much as an attribution!

    If you don't believe me, please check out my site here:

    http://42quirks.com/

    And it's not just me whose posts have been plagiarized - there're others too!!

    Do drop me a mail - my id is shrikant[dot]j[at]gmail[dot]com

    Awaiting your reply,

    Cheers!
    Shrikant

    ReplyDelete