Thursday, October 16, 2008

Boeing/Airbus, Going/Airborne, etc, etc...

Sometimes I hate my life, Sometimes I love my life,
Sometimes I hate the people around me, Sometimes I love people around me,
Sometimes I hate my city, Sometimes I love my city,
Sometimes I love airplanes, sometimes I love airplanes more!!

Today was all the second parts of my 'poem'. I was simply too proud of myself, and my 'college' (gosh! yesterday I was hating it!!) and my subject, and my city too..
It all happened because of my hopefully life-long tie-up with the 'Airplane'.

There was a man who told me, "You are an Aeronautical Engineering Student and you must have that passion in you. You must feel something in you when you see an airplane", and he is now working in a bank.

Today, I realised how passionate I really was. Not everyday does one find goosebumps and hair standing on the back of his neck. It happens to me when I watch a really good movie, or when I read a really good novel or when I listen to a great piece of music, or, or, or, when I watch an Airbus A380 fly over my head and land in front of me, shamelessly displaying it's sheer size and power. I was busy snapping away my tiny camera phone (I am still cursing myself and that 7.1MP camera in the cupboard) and got over-nostalgic when I heard the roaring engines of the largest commercial aircraft. It's so damn easy to identify with those curving wings, and 4 engines and huge landing gears... When it swooped down on the runway, I thought it was swooping down on me, first the teasing fly-by and then the landing.. the half hour of action really left me loving myself ...

It was the India Civil Aviation Exhibition for 2008 and it was great to put it in simple words. My parents were wasting time thinking 500 bucks is way too costly. Who the hell gets to see an A380 land in front of them for 500?? Who does!!
Ofcourse the exhibition had lots of planes and helicopters on display, and more importantly lots and lots of Airline/Aircraft/Aviation/whatever company stalls setup. I saw names that I never heard and half of them were Indian! We could identify the International ones and couldn't figure out the Indian ones! Height of patriotism.

Well the pictures sadly didn't come out great and that's the reason I can't put them out here. But this topic might find itself in so many blog posts that it might be almost unecessary to put in any details about it.

As of now, I feel so nostalgic that I wanna stop for now and take some rest after that beating from the hot sun and ... ... haha..

I am going back, March 2010 unless I am elsewhere...

2 comments:

  1. who is krishna ( above beyond blogger)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. welll u might be going in one of those so u better be thinking that u will be else where rather than going back, and btw i will be here...i am going back for sure

    ReplyDelete