Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Result

When the exam results were out, I never knew. It was my cousin who told me the result. And all I wanted to hear was that phrase saying, "You passed all". When I heard that, i felt like the whole world melted around me and turned into chocolate. It was soothing to hear the result after experiencing personally the whole set of exams.
    During the exams, it was the oddest feeling I got. I was shivering in the heat and sweating in the cold. I just couldn't realize what was going on with me. The cold was hard and dry and the hands were numb. I couldn't feel the pen that I was holding and I just let the hand do it's job. I never got time to re-check what I wrote. At times, I was so deeply lost in thought that I forgot that I was writing a final exam. An occasional drop of a pen or a cough in the hall brought me back to reality. One thing was for sure, at the end of every exam, I come out with a dejected face and curse myself for writing so foolishly. This happened for 4 out of the 6 exams and I really thought luck wouldn't favour me for a 2nd time. Last time, I spoilt the exams, I ended up topping the class, and this time I felt the tables would have turned.
    Instead, Srikar calls me and says I got 79.3%. I was more than delighted about this result. Now that the new semester has started, I think it's better to keep it on a straight track and let it guide me properly to the exams. I try to get too smart during regular classes and end up knowing nothing by the crucial time. Well, this is 3-2 and the general atmosphere around gives a feeling of foreboding and asks me to keep away from trouble. But trouble comes without calling. We are always stuck in the same damn ship without a compass, and with the captain dead, there's nothing that can be done.

2 comments:

  1. U should get habituated to this type of result . .. ..
    Hope this goes on .

    ReplyDelete
  2. well johnny congrats first and coming to the result...i always expected good marks from u even though u came out of the hall telling us that u dint write a thing...anyways best of luck for 3-2 and i hope this time u write the exams with confidence..

    ReplyDelete