Thursday, December 27, 2007

Life's Hairpin Bend

Somehow, after abiding the last few days, I can see that life has taken a sharp U-turn and I nearly fell off the cliff. It's been a series of disappointing days with text-books stolen, soccer going bad to worse, college not being enjoyable, and the latest, my guitar's only working pickup giving away ...
   After going through a torrid day today, I thought some guitar work would do good. But turns out that the only pickup that works on it is finally spoilt and it gives a horrible distorted shriek when I play a simple acoustic patch. The patches with some distortion gain are working fine and whenever I switch to an acoustic patch, the amp starts shrieking. The volume suddenly goes up on its own to such an extent that I have to jump and slam the power off, before my neighbour bangs the door. At first, I thought this is a problem with the Zoom 505II that I use, but when I connected my acoustic pickup to it, it worked fine on both acoustic and distorted patches. So maybe it isn't a trouble in the Zoom's electronic circuit or something. The most logical culprit for me is my guitar, which broke into 2 halves long ago, and was reattached. Then the pickups were amateurishly pushed down a bit to help with my lead guitar. Then I found out that one of the pickups isn't working and by switching it on, it is creating more noise. And now, the second pickup has lost its touch and on the whole, the guitar is spoilt almost to an extent of 75%. The only possible remedy is, replacing the old, battered guitar with a new one. And that won't happen any time soon. So, I think my guitar playing has reached a temporary halt which I hate to the core. At torrid times like this, my guitars are what keep me alive, and when they don't work well, I feel like escaping to Hawai or Fiji to spend the rest of my life in peace ....

1 comment:

  1. dude tough times man..it takes only a johny to get through this..anyways put on something special for the new years day...

    ReplyDelete